Special Collections Librarian (Part Time)
- Administers the selecting, acquiring/procuring, cataloging, authority and serials controlling, processing, digitizing, binding, preserving, and weeding of all types of books and nonbook materials.
- Performs original and copy cataloging for materials in all formats.
- Completes complex and complicated automated library system database duties such as code comparison, deletion activities, and records updates.
- Performs duties necessary in overseeing the Archives, Library Special Collections Room, Library Historic Documents Room, and the library's Federal Library Depository Program.
- Performs duties necessary to administer all aspects of on-site technology.
LightFeather is looking for a Special Collections Librarian to support the National Defense University at the Joint Forces Staff College in Norfolk, VA. The National Defense University (NDU) is a dynamic and collaborative work environment whose mission is to develop joint warfighters and other national security leaders through rigorous academics, research, and engagement to serve the common defense.
As the Special Collections Librarian, you will assist in educating, developing and inspiring current and future international and US Government personnel in leadership, strategy, and the application of military power to inform national strategy and global operations.
Location: Norfolk, VA
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited library science program.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience, preferably in an Academic or Special Library setting.
- Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony ILS.
- Experience with original and copy cataloging, and authority control.
- Experience with MARC, LC Subject Headings, LC Classification Schedules, and AACR2.
- Experience using the OCLC system and cataloging subsystem.
- Experience with Springshare Suite, particularly LibGuides, LibAnswers and LibChat.
- Knowledge of information technologies, including internet and online database searching, and library systems software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Strong public/customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.