Lead Software Engineer
- Architect and build enterprise-level applications, using cutting-edge technologies and delivery methodologies.
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable and resilient cloud-based applications on private and public cloudseither building APIs or front-end using React + Typescript.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work on an integrated team that embraces an Agile methodology with an emphasis on automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Support the design and development of secure microservices, and responsible for writing high quality, defect-free, secure, extensible, and reusable code, and ensuring that code is protected and tested through rigorous automated testing practices and testing libraries such as Jest, React-Testing-Library, Cypress.
- All candidates must demonstrate a high degree of initiative, passion for innovation, a solid understanding of software engineering, and a willingness to work in a highly collaborative Agile and DevOps culture.
- Conduct and participate in client whiteboarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations.
- Experience with cloud native development on AWS.
- Bootstrap, AJAX, Node.js and/or Git experience
- Understanding of Jenkins pipeline and builds
- Experience with 508 Accessibility Standards
- Prior usage of continuous integration/continuous delivery tools
- Experience with databases: Postgres, SQL, NoSQL
- Knowledge of one or more ALM suites (Atlassian, AWS DevOps preferred)
- Exposure to mobile applications using native or cross-platform tools (Ionic, React Native)
LightFeather is currently seeking talented technologists who thrive in a fast-paced, forward-leaning culture. We focus on high-impact projects, meeting our clients where they are to uncover business needs and deliver results. Our teams go beyond the expected to help clients move confidently through ambiguity and risk and drive more transformative outcomes. We have passion for building strategies, solutions, and creative products to help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. We surround our technologists with interesting challenges, innovative minds, and emerging technologies.
This position will work with the Federal Government so US Citizenship status with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance is required.
Desired Skills and Tool Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Math, Engineering, or IT-related field.
- 4+ years of progressively responsible software engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the software engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years of React front end development experience required.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices.
- Experience designing and building Microservices a major plus.
- Experience with React, Spring, Angular and/or Redux a major plus.
- Experience in large scale, high performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
- Demonstrable experience in architecting and building enterprise-level applications.
- Full stack development experience with one or more languages (Java, and Node.js preferred).
- Experience designing and building REST-based APIs.
- Proficiency in various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, with an emphasis on Agile/Scrum.
- Knowledge building loosely coupled or microservices based architectures.
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.