Human Centered UI/UX Designer
- Collaborating with clients and internal teams to design the overall user experience for a wide variety of digital experiences and applications, from desktop to mobile—addressing things like interactions, brand, information architecture, service design, content strategy and visual design.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative user research, including user interviews, observational research, tree testing and conceptual reviews, usability studies, etc.
- Planning, conducting, and leading client white-boarding sessions, design sprints, design workshops (remote and in-person), and project meetings.
- Prototyping (ranging from low- to high-fidelity with interactions and visual design) solutions and iterating them based on user insight and client feedback.
- Creating visual design for brands and products (brand identity and visual design systems)
- Working with engineering teams to translate design into coded solutions.
- Balancing multiple projects at different stages and bringing unique perspectives to each.
- Bringing your own unique perspective to solving challenging problems.
LightFeather is currently seeking talented UI UX Designers who thrive in a people-based corporate culture. Our teams help organizations of all kinds redefine what is possible, give shape to the future—and get there. We focus on high-impact projects, meeting our clients where they are to uncover business needs and deliver results. Our teams go beyond the expected to help clients move confidently through ambiguity and risk and drive more transformative outcomes.
We are looking for makers, collaborators, individuals who breathe design, individuals who always want to make digital, process, service, or environmental experiences better for humans. Tell us what you are great at, tell us what you love doing, and why you are ready to join the LightFeather Team. We want to hear from you.
Location: DC Metro Area & Remote
- Expert-level proficiency with UX design-related software and tools (e.g., Axure, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Illustrator, Photoshop, OmniGraffle, Visio, InDesign, etc.)
- Some visual design with a background in creative application and branding is desired.
- Breadth of experience along the spectrum of UX design, from user research to design systems with strong interaction and at least some visual design.
- Portfolio of work samples that expresses your design work and original approaches to the challenges.
- 3+ years of UX experience– taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that exceed expectations.
- Experience estimating UX project efforts and managing workload.
- Experience creating personas and customer journey maps/experience maps, service blueprints.
- Executive presence
- outstanding communication, design thought leadership, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Strong interest in designing for emerging technologies, accessibility, mobile, voice UX, an aptitude for learning new technologies and a tinkering mentality.
- Ability to lead, passion for learning and drive to grow.