- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience designing and building applications in the cloud.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other IT related discipline that is directly applicable.
- Automation experience with CloudFormation, Resource Manager, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Container experience with Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, OpenShift Container Platform (OCP)
- AWS Cloud Certifications or the desire to obtain them is a big plus.
- Design level thinking capable of presenting complex architectures in a meaningful way for clients not familiar with cloud.
- Executive presenceoutstanding communication, thought leadership, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to lead, passion for learning and drive to grow.
LightFeather is currently seeking talented Full Stack Cloud Engineers to help deliver engaging, modern cloud solutions, strategies, migrations, and applications on behalf of the federal government. As a Full Stack Cloud Engineer, you will analyze, design, and build cloud-based solutions to address our clients’ needs, architecting solutions using infrastructure-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service and software-as-a-service tools, technologies, and architectures. We are looking for sharp, disciplined, and self-motivated individuals who have a passion for building cloud solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS). We focus on high-impact projects, meeting our clients where they are to uncover business needs and deliver results. Our teams go beyond the expected to help clients move confidently through ambiguity and risk and drive more transformative outcomes.
This position will work with the Federal Government, US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance is required.
Desired Skills and Tools Experience
Position Location: Mclean, Virginia
- 3+ years of experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) to engineer solutions built on CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- Experienced with scripting CI/CD pipelines on Jenkins.
- Experienced with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Experienced with Docker.
- Experience programming and scripting (Java/python).
- Experience and desire to automate all the things.
- Experience supporting production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment.
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns, and usage.
- Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds.
- Always looking to improve the process.
- TLS/SSL, encryption, and key management principles.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies).
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs.
- Experience with mass migrations of closing data centers and moving large workloads to a cloud.
- Experience translating old world data center thinking to cloud native architecture.
- An insurgent mindset.
- Balancing multiple projects at different stages and bringing unique perspectives to each.
- Bringing your own unique perspective to solving challenging problems.